Every culture enjoys a good cheese sauce. You can substitute American cheese or any other suitable cheese in place of the Cheddar. Enjoy this cheese sauce as a dip or over eggs, macaroni, potatoes, or your favorite vegetables
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound mild Cheddar cheese (shredded or cut into very small pieces)
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter of low heat.
- Whisk in the flour and salt.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Turn the heat to medium and stir continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the cheese a little at a time, stirring continuously until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the hot sauce over eggs, macaroni, potatoes, or your favorite vegetables.
Makes about 2 cups of sauce.