This tuna salad is great for lunch or a light dinner, especially in the summer when noone wants to be in the kitchen. Crunchy sweet apples, pickles and celery, combine with savory tuna, eggs, and tangy vinegar to make this tasty salad for sandwiches, pita bread or tortillas filling, or just spread on crusty toasted bread for an open-faced sandwich.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
- 8 ounces canned tuna
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, diced)
- 2 celery stalks (cleaned, diced)
- 3 sweet pickles (diced)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored, diced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Drain and flake the tuna with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare the eggs, celery, and pickles as described. Set aside.
- Prepare the apple as described and soak for a few minutes in salted water. Drain. Set aside.
- Combine the tuna, eggs, celery, pickles and apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt. Then add the tuna mixture and mix well.
- Add the mayonnaise to the salad and mix well again.
- Refrigerate the salad and serve cold.