With the Caribbean enjoying summer weather all year round, certain vegetables and fruits are always in season. There may be a lull in availability as we wait for the crop to mature, but we can always count on getting certain ingredients. Such is the case with tomatoes.
The variety of tomatoes often found in these parts is English Tomatoes but we also get Cherry Tomatoes and Beef Steak Tomatoes.
Try this quick, light, fruity salad.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: Serves 2
- 1/2 lb. Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 4 large fresh Basil leaves (torn)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and toss to mix.
- Serve immediately as is or let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour until the tomatoes yield their natural juices. Serve on toasted crusty bread or dress freshly cooked pasta.