Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 sweet plantains (peeled and cut into uniform pieces)
- 1/4 pound of bacon (cut into small pieces)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2. Cook until plantains are soft (about 10 minutes).
3. Drain and mash the plantains. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan, sauté the bacon until brown. Add the diced onion and chopped garlic. Continue sautéing for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the frying pan from the heat and drain excess bacon drippings. Leave about 2 tablespoons of grease in the pan.
6. Gently fold in mashed plantains until thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a dish, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Serves: 8 people.