Here is a very simple, yet delicious way to enjoy sweet yellow plantains
. You can also roast the plantains on a grill. You can also use garlic salt or seasoned salt in place of regular salt.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 43 minutes
- 6 yellow plantains (skins on and uniform in size)
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Without peeling or cutting the plantain in half, cut a slit lengthwise down the plantain.
- Wrap the plantains in tinfoil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. The plantains should be soft, but not mushy.
- Let the plantains cool slightly then peel off the skin.
- Arrange the cooked plantains on a serving platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.