Here's a Step-by-Step guide to frying Ripe Plantains.
2. Frying the Plantain
- Drizzle oil just to coat the bottom of a non-stick skillet and place on medium heat.
- When oil begins to shimmer, add plantains, working in batches, to fry.
- Fry for 1 and 1/2 minutes on one side, flip and fry for 1 minute on the other side.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the plantains are fried.
3. Peeling and Slicing the Plantain
- Remove skin from plantain. The skin should remove easily.
- Cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices. You can cut it into rounds also.