Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 1 packet sazón with annatto
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives (whole or chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup corn kernels (drained - fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups of water (or chicken broth)
2. Add the sofrito and lightly fry for about one minute.
3. Add the sazón, olives, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir to combine the ingredients.
4.When the mixture starts to bubble, add the corn and rice. Give it a good stirring to coat the rice and corn with color.
5. Pour in the water (or chicken broth) and bring to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for one to two minutes, and then stir the rice mixture.
6. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid that will not allow steam to escape. Do not lift the lid during the cooking time.
7. Cook on low for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the rice, and then cover again and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Servings: 4 one cup servings.