Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 4-pound pork shoulder picnic or butt roast (preferably boneless)
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves (peeled)
- Adobo (enough to rub all over the roast)
2. With a pointed knife, stab 8 to 10 holes evenly around the roast, including the top, bottom and sides.
3. Push the peeled garlic cloves deeply into the holes.
4. Rub adobo all over the roast and into the holes.
5. Place the roast, fat side up in a roasting pan and cover with a lid or tinfoil.
6. Roast for 30 minutes per pound. The roast is finished when a meat thermometer, inserted in the thickest part of meat, reads 160 F.
Servings: 4 to 6 people.