On the Spanish speaking Caribbean islands, the meat of choice for the holidays is roasted suckling pork. So it only makes sense to combine the tradition of the islands with an American tradition and serve turkey that is reminicent of roasted pork for Thanksgiving.
This flavor intensive recipe will go over well with the most discriminating of tastes.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1 head of garlic (cloves separated and peeled)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons adobo
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 14-pound turkey
2. Add the peppercorns and adobo and crush the ingredients into the paste.
3. Stir in the olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
4. Rub the mixture under the turkey’s skin, inside the cavities, and then rub the rest of the mixture on top of the skin.
5. Roast the turkey according to the manufacturer’s recommended time and temperature. A 14 to 16 pound turkey will take about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to cook.
Serves: 14-18 people.