Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh okra (cleaned and trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions (chopped)
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded, chopped)
- 1 medium jalapeño chili (minced)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
2. Saute the onions in the olive oil until soft and transparent, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, chilies, and garlic. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4.Add the okra, salt, and pepper.
5.Mix the ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
6.Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until okra is tender, approximately 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Servings: Serves approximately 8 people.