Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 pounds pork roast (diced)
- 1/2 cup recaito
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 to 3 cups water (or beef stock)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound eggplant (peeled and diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Stir in the recaito, tomato sauce, water, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil.
3.Reduce heat, cover the stew, and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. Stir in the salt, pepper, and eggplant. Continue to simmer with the cover on for another 15 to 20 minutes. Eggplant should be tender.