Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 stick salted butter (1/4 pound, softened at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup passion fruit pulp or nectar (no seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces blue crab claws
- 1 loaf Cuban or French baguette bread
- Make the passion fruit butter first. Do this by whisking together the softened butter, passion fruit pulp (or nectar), sugar and Cajun seasoning in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Place crab claws in a baking dish.
- Melt passion fruit butter in a sauce pan or microwave and pour over the crab.
- Slice the loaf of bread into desired size.
- Place crab and bread in to the oven.
- Remove from oven when bread is golden and crab is bubbling hot. Keep an eye on it. This should take 4 -5 minutes. Serve immediately
Note: You may make the passion fruit butter ahead of time and refrigerate until needed.
This recipe was submitted by This recipe was submitted by Kristen Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org)for Bahama Breeze and used with permission.