Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken strips (breasts, thighs or mixed)
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- Seasoned Flour Coating:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large plastic bowl or zipper bag. Add chicken and marinate for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Combine flour, Spanish paprika, pepper and salt in a separate plastic bowl or zipper bag.
- Coat the marinated chicken with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Place vegetable oil for frying into a deep frying pan, or use a deep fryer. Heat the oil over medium-high heat to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry chicken in batches, until golden brown outside and completely cooked inside (about 4 minutes per side).
- Place chicken on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb oil. Keep warm until ready to serve.
The longer the chicken marinates, the stronger the lime taste will be.
When frying the chicken, don't overcrowd the pan. The oil will cool down and the chicken will not cook properly.