This tembleque de coco recipe makes a rich and smooth coconut pudding perfect for birthday parties, the holidays, or any other special occasion.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- garnish: ground cinnamon, cinnamon sticks, or toasted coconut flakes
- In a sauce pan mix together the cornstarch, sugar and salt.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and simmer over low to medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the mixture is thoroughly cooked and thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour pudding into individual dessert cups.
- Allow the pudding to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Garnish with sprinkled ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and/or toasted coconut flakes.