Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1/2 cup white rice (long grain)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 10-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon for garnish
2. Add the evaporated milk and sugar when the rice grains begin to split open.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook the rice mixture until creamy. Remove the mixture from the heat. Take out the cinnamon sticks and reserve for garnishing. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Place the rice mixture into individual serving cups and chill for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Garnish with powdered cinnamon and cinnamon sticks before serving.
Servings: Makes 4 servings.