Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 large mangos (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2. In a saucepan, soften the gelatin in the water for about a minute. Gently heat the saucepan over medium heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved and remove from the heat.
3.Into the mango puree, stir in the gelatin mix, corn syrup, lemon juice and salt. Cover the baking pan with tinfoil and place in the freezer for about three hours, occasionally stirring to prevent ice crystals. The mixture should be partially frozen.
4. Put the sorbet mixture into a chilled food processor bowl. Blend until light and fluffy, but not melted.
5. Return the mixture to the baking pan, cover again, and let freeze until firm, about two more hours.
6. When ready to serve, remove the mixture from the freezer. Place in dessert bowls or glasses and garnish with a mint sprig. You can also serve it in an ice cream cone.