Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion (chopped fine)
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 8 to 10 green olives (pitted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for sautéing
2. In a fruing pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions, green pepper, and garlic until soft.
3. Add the ground beef mixture, beef stock, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Add the diced potato. Cover and cook another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
5. Remove the cover. Add the olives and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until the liquid is fully evaporated, but the meat is still moist.
Serves: 4 - 6 servings.