The mojito was born in Havana, Cuba. There are many variations of the drink. This recipe calls for the five customary ingredients of mint, rum, powdered sugar, lime, and club soda. If you are throwing a Havana or Cuban theme party, plan on serving these fashionable yet traditional mojitos.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 lime (for juicing)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 sprig of mint (for garnishing)
- crushed ice
1. Put the mint leaves into a Collins glass
and squeeze the lime juice over them.
2. Add the powdered sugar and then muddle the mint, lime juice and sugar together. Add crushed ice.
3. Stir in the rum and top off with the club soda.
4. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Servings: Makes one drink.