Quick and Easy Latin Caribbean Meals
- Aperitivos y Bocados - Appetizers and Snacks
- Ensaladas y Entremés - Salads and Sides
- Platos Principales - Main Dishes
- Salsas, Sauces and Dips
- Condimentos y Marinadas - Seasonings and Marinades
- Postres y Dulces - Desserts and Sweets
- Bebidas - Beverages
Aperitivos y Bocados - Appetizers and Snacks
On the Spanish speaking islands appetizers are called aperitivos and snacks are called bocados. These tasty and versatile selections can be served before the meal or whenever you get the munchies.
- Fried Dessert Bananas with Cheese - Guineitos Fritos con Queso
- Arañitas - Shredded Green Plantain Fritters
- Tostones - Twice Fried Plantain Chips
- Corn Fritters - Frituras de Maiz
- Empanadas, Pastelillos, Pastelitos, Empanadillas
Ensaladas y Entremés - Salads and Sides
In the tropics a light salad and dressing or small side dish is the perfect way to enjoy the warm weather. They are the quickest and easiest dishes to prepare.
- Green Beans in Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- Baked Yellow Plantains - Maduros Asados
- Cantaloupe Salad - Ensalada de Cantalupo
- Cuban Tossed Salad
- Egg and Onion Salad Recipe - Ensalada de Huevos y Cebolla
- Rum Soaked Tropical Fruit Salad
- Stuffed Avacado Salad - Avacado Relleno
- Yuca with Garlic Sauce - Yuca con Mojo
Platos Principales - Main Dishes
Latin Caribbean meals can include several main dishes. Traditionally, the cook always makes extra to offer company when they stop by. Whether you are cooking for two or a crowd, these recipes are are easy to make and sure to please.
- Grilled Pork Chops - Chuletas Asado a la Parrilla
- Cuban Sandwich
- Canned Ham with Brown Sugar and Rum Glaze
Salsas, Sauces and Dips
In the Caribbean, salsas, sauces and dips are essential for snacks and main meal condiments. They are great for spicing up the blandest recipes.
Condimentos y Marinadas - Seasonings and Marinades
Latin Caribbean food is a highly seasoned cuisine. Liven up your taste buds with adobo seasonings and mojo marinades.
Postres y Dulces - Desserts and Sweets
With the availability of sweet tropical fruits in the Caribbean, it's no wonder why there is an abundance of dessert recipes. Enjoy these simple treats after a meal or anytime you please.
- Banana Slices in Rum
- Easy Anise Churros - Spanish Doughnuts
- Easy Cinnamon Churros - Spanish Doughnuts
- Simple Coconut Rice Pudding
Bebidas - Beverages
In the Caribbean, you'll find refreshing fruit juices and rum drinks everywhere. These drinks are easy to make and appropriate any time of the year.