Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked yucca (mashed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons achiote oil
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water
2. Mix until the dough is crumbly.
3. Add the achiote oil and mix until the oil and color are incorporated throughout the dough.
4.With the food processor running, add the water a little at a time. When the dough has become a smooth elastic ball, stop adding the water.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but never more than 24 hours.
Tip: If you want to keep the dough longer than 24 hours, you can freeze it.
Servings: Makes approximately 10 six-inch empanadas.
Source Credit: Daisy Cooks! (Hyperion 2005) by Daisy Martinez. Visit Daisy's web site for more great recipes.