Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 8.5-ounce can creamed corn
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
2. In a frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan to 1/4 inch.
3. Heat the oil to 370 degrees. Do not allow the oil to get too hot. Use an oil thermometer.
4. Place a tablespoon of the batter into the oil and pat it down into the shape of a fritter.
5. Fry the fritter until golden. Drain on paper towels.
Serves: Makes 10 to 12 fritters.